Saturday, May 5, 2012

3 Measures for Avoiding Risks of Bloodborne Pathogens Due to Indirect Contact

Bloodborne pathogens are known to cause many contagious diseases including some that do not have any definitive cure, thus making them one of the biggest threats in the healthcare field. Realizing that taking adequate preventive measures is the best way to keep such diseases at bay, premier healthcare organizations and even the industry has stressed on the importance of bloodborne pathogen certification courses which impart the requisite knowledge to the employees for avoiding the ever-present risk of such infections.

Recognizing symptoms of such diseases, understanding and following the exposure control plan formulated by your employer and using the proper gear during the administration of minor treatments and for invasive medical procedures like surgeries are taught in such courses. However the threat of bloodborne pathogens continues to remain high even after administering treatment due to faulty and outright unsafe follow-up practices.

In addition to certain prominent topics like universal precautions and infection control a bloodborne pathogen certification also teaches you to avoid threats due to indirect contact by adopting the following 3 measures.

• Safe Disposal: Just because the treatment procedure is complete doesn't mean that you are no longer at risk from bloodborne pathogens. You can still contract diseases if you come in contact with carelessly discarded needles and other contaminated materials like used gloves, bandages and gauze. Some of the organisms remain potent for a number of days even if the blood or fluid dries up. One of the modules in your training will also tell you the importance of safe disposal of used materials. This will include using a sharps container for putting used needles, broken glass and any other sharp and disposable instruments so as not to injure yourself as well as others. Also any other contaminated items must be put in special bags meant for the purpose and promptly taken to the designated area for disposal by the waste management workers.

• Proper Labelling: A training course will further teach you the importance of labels and also how to identify standard signs and symbols used to indicate hazardous materials and areas. When disposing of contaminated materials you must ensure that the bags and containers are properly labelled so that the other staff will be cautious when handling the same. Similarly fluid and blood samples for testing must also be labelled and stored safely. In addition you will understand the danger of storing food and eating near places where such infected materials are kept.

• Maintaining Hygiene: Another important but oft neglected aspect of healthcare is the maintenance of proper hygiene. The course will tell you how following a set of simple hygiene steps are the most effective ways to prevent infection due to such pathogens. It will tell you the proper techniques for hand washing when performing routine duties and even in cases of accidental exposure.

Studies have pointed out that the risks of infection in a healthcare facility continue to be high due to poor implementation of safety measures. A bloodborne pathogen certification course will tell you the importance of such measures and also how to implement them for increasing safety.

For more information, please visit our bloodborne pathogens certification website.

7 comments:

  1. Information about "3 Measures for Avoiding Risks of Bloodborne Pathogens Due to Indirect Contact" is really amazing. Also visit my webpage for more relevant information http://jeremelisa.ucoz.hu/blog/joey_atlas_scam_unsightly_wrinkles_and_stretch_marks/2013-07-17-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for what Dr Awe osa for using his herbal medicine to cure my family from hepatitis b, 3 years ago,my family have been having this hepatitis disease and it has been giving my family challenges,we were so perplexed cause my family have taken several drugs to be cured but every of our effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr Awe osa curing people of their hepatitis also herpes disease and immediately i contacted him on his email: {draweosaharbalcurehome@gmail.com},i told him about my family troubles and he told me that my family must be cured, so he prepared a herbal medicine for my family which we used for 2 weeks and everything was like a dream for my family, right now, my family hepatitis disease was totally gone,why don't you contact him today and be free from your disease... His email is, draweosaharbalcurehome@gmail.com or call him on Mobile +2348162914633. you can also call me on my cell number or message me: +15755172572 i am from mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy for what Dr Awe osa for using his herbal medicine to cure my family from hepatitis b, 3 years ago,my family have been having this hepatitis disease and it has been giving my family challenges,we were so perplexed cause my family have taken several drugs to be cured but every of our effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr Awe osa curing people of their hepatitis also herpes disease and immediately i contacted him on his email: {draweosaharbalcurehome@gmail.com},i told him about my family troubles and he told me that my family must be cured, so he prepared a herbal medicine for my family which we used for 2 weeks and everything was like a dream for my family, right now, my family hepatitis disease was totally gone,why don't you contact him today and be free from your disease... His email is, draweosaharbalcurehome@gmail.com or call him on Mobile +2348162914633. you can also call me on my cell number or message me: +15755172572 i am from mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never believe that HIV AID cure is real not untill i got in contact with Priest Moses my HIV started 5 years ago, i was even waiting for death because all my money went out for drugs, which keep me till today, one day i saw on the internent that HIV cure is out through one herbal healer called Priest Moses,i copy his mail address,so in the day i then email Priest Moses, to express my conditions to him he only told me not to worried that his going to turn my situation around and put smile on my face again and he prepared out the herb drug for me which i took, after taking it he told me to go to the hospital for test which i did, could you believe that i was confirm HIV negative after the test and i went to another hospital and it was also negative as the same so viewers i want to you this opportunity to thank Priest Moses for his wonderful work in my life he really make me smile once again in life so if you have this kind of problem and you want to be free from it please contact this doctor with this email address ,he is reliable and dependable in any of the sickness which you are passing through.... contact Priest Moses on his WhatSapp +2348151084488 his email:priestmosessolutinocenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6 months ago I was diagnosed with COPD with 55-60% lung capacity. My doctor just said all the crying , stomping your feet will not change it so just accept it and basically patted me on the back and sent me home to die. I was devastated and was afraid to do anything. I stopped riding my bike, I was afraid to do anything that would cause any exertion. It consumed my thoughts with every breath and the fear of what to expect was almost more than I could deal with. So I couldn't get myself all time I decided to find a herbal cure online and I came acrose Doctor Itua on how he cure several people suffering from Hiv, and Herpes I gave him a call on this Number +2348149277967 also chat on whatsapp he gave me all the details about the cure i paid him for the medicine after 5 working days i receieve my herbal medicine ,I use it for two weeks that is how I get Cured and today I'm living healthy and fine I give him thanks also promise him to testify about his work,He Can also cure the following deseases..Copd,Herpes,Hiv,Hepatitis,diabetes,Asthma.
    Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goji Berries... yes... I tried those too.For my health conditions, Those sweet, red berries seemed to help, but only during the time when I consumed them. I don't want to take a drug for the rest of my life, so why would I want to take a natural supplement everyday for the rest of my life (although Goji berries are very tasty and are highly nourishing). To me this was not a cure either (and I'm LOOKING for the CURE).
    Up to that point, I hadn't found a cure. I felt like a young jumbled mess. I continued to have extreme pain, but continued on my path to healing. I started to focus on myself and not everyone else. When I was a young adult, I took on too much responsibility out of a sense of obligation. This was no longer healthy for me, so I resigned from all my projects and groups. Those days to come were the best [and worst] days. I took a lot of time off work, yet begun to feel so extremely exhausted. Many health professionals "diagnosed" me with adrenal fatigue & Hiv,Prostate Cancer so my situation was annoying then I keep searching for permanent cure online that's when I came to know of Dr Itua herbal center hands whom god has blessed with ancestral herbs and a gift to heal people with disease like .Cancers,Alzheimer's disease,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Diabetes, Multiple myeloma, Parkinson's disease,Neuroendocrine tumors,Herpes, Hiv/Aids,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,, chronic diarrhea, COPD,Love spell, Hepatitis... So I made a purchase of his herbal medicines and I have been watching my health for 6 years now and I actually confirmed that his herbal medicines are a permanent cure and I'm so happy that I came to know of his herbal healings.You can contact Dr Itua herbal center Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com WhatsApp: +2348149277967. if you went through exactly what I go through in terms of health conditions because to be honest there is more to learn about natural herbs than medical drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breathe much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete